Surfing South Africa is proud to confirm that Citroen South Africa will sponsor this historic event in Richards Bay. This partnership between Surfing South Africa, Citroen South Africa and Citroen Richards Bay has been facilitated by hosts, Anton Knoetze his hard working uThungulu Surfriders Committee.
The event will showcase the brand new Citroen C4 Cactus.
Incorporating the 50th SA Senior Surfing Championships and the 10th SA Masters Surfing Championships, Richards Bay, uThungulu District, KZN
August 2nd (opening function) to August 9th, 2015
- The Citroen SA National Championships will get under way at the Opening Function on Sunday August 2nd and will end with on Sunday August 9th (Women’s Day).
- As usual, 3A PST Points are allocated in the Open Men, Women, U20 Boys & Girls categories
- The standard Team Entry fees for SA Champs & SA Masters Champs (with the applicable “early bird” discounts remaining in place]
- Team sizes and age groups for the SA Senior Teams and the SA Masters Teams are attached
- There is no O30 MENS Division in the event.
- There IS an O30 WOMENS Division in the event.
- An O60 division will be included in the contest for the first time.
- Two O60 surfers per team may be selected but only one O60 division surfer will score team points (the surfer with the highest score).
- FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50 YEARS SURFERS MAY REPRESENT THEIR TEAMS IN THE OPEN DIVISION & THEIR OWN DIVISION.
- All the finals will be held on August 9th.
- To celebrate Women Day, the last three finals of the Championships will be the O30 Women’s Final, followed by the U20 Girls Final and the Open Women’s Final.
- There will be three Team trophies presented at the Championships.
- To celebrate South African surfing’s 50th year of organised competition, a once off Celebration Shield will be presented to the Team that achieves the highest combined points in all divisions.
- The Presidents Cup will be won by the Team that achieves the highest score in the Open & U20 divisions.
- The Masters Cup will be won by the team that achieves the highest score in the Masters age groups – O30 Women & O35 to O60 Men.
- The sponsors, Surfing South Africa and our hosts, uThungulu, are really hoping that everyone is there for the whole event.
- However, in order to make it easier for team members in the divisions with fewer competitors to plan their schedules the contest format has been worked out and is attached.
- There will be no deviation from this format.
- A 26 minute Supersport production will be compiled of the event.
- Functions will be held at the championships every night.
- Support sponsors will be generous with their product.
- Professional photographers will cover the event from the Opening function.
- A souvenier program is being compiled to add value to this historic 50th celebration.
- We would really like to include all the names of the team members in the booklet.
- With this in mid PLEASE get the Team Lists to www.surfingsouthafrica.co.za by THURSDAY July 2nd
For the “early bird extra special ” 16% entry fee discount of R2000 off the R12000 entry fee (SA Champs & SA Masters Champs) please pay your R10,000 by no later than THURSDAY JULY 2nd to:
SURFING SOUTH AFRICA
Ref : SACH & team name
HOW TO KEEP OUR NAME SPONSOR HAPPY AND KEEN TO SPONSOR FUTURE EVENTS
- Take some team members to your nearest Citroen dealership and have a photo taken next to the C4 Cactus.
- Post the photo on facebook, twitter and on your website.
- Send to #citroenSA, #C4Cactus and #CitroenRB
- Mention the name Citroen SA National Championships when referring to the event on facebook, twitter or on your respective websites.
- Place the attached Championship Poster on your website and social pages.
The Citroen SA National Surfing Championships in Richards Bay is going to really, really special.